Single Sign-on Terms
These additional terms describe how Hitachi Vantara will collect, collate, store and use any personal data submitted via https://community.hitachivantara.com (the “Hitachi Vantara Community”) or which you may provide to us.
1. What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect from you limited personal data which includes your name(s) and contact details. In addition, in the case of the Hitachi Vantara Community we also collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Hitachi Vantara Community website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Hitachi Vantara Community (i.e. your name, contact details, username, email, password for the Hitachi Vantara Community and other basic information);
- Information provided when you post material to the Hitachi Vantara Community or request further services; and
- Information when you report a problem with the Hitachi Vantara Community.
Once you have registered to become a member of the Hitachi Vantara Community you will be able edit your profile and add other personal information such profile image, title, role, location, biography, expertise, certification, company type, company, user type, any tags, your twitter handle and your relationship to Hitachi Vantara. We will not ask you to send us any sensitive personal data, such as your religious convictions, state of mental or physical health, ethnic origin and similar sensitive information. Please do not send us any such personal data if possible to help us with our obligations under law. If you do send us such data, this data will not be used in any way and will be discarded according to company protocol.
2. How do we collect your personal data?
3. Why do we collect your personal information?
We use the information that we collect or that you provide to:
- Give you access to the Hitachi Vantara Community, by issuing you with a registered user identification.
- Respond to your questions.
- Allow you to post materials relevant to the Hitachi Vantara community.
- Administer the Extranet and the Hitachi Vantara Community and your use of the Extranet and the Hitachi Vantara Community.
- Perform and track user analytics for purposes of increasing customer satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy, as well as improving user experience.
4. Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to the following persons:
- Other companies within our Hitachi group of companies.
- Any person who takes a transfer of our rights and obligations under any agreement we have with you.
- Regulators (including the Office of the Information Commissioner or other applicable local data protection officers in the respective country of domicile), professional advisers to and agents of any of the Hitachi group of companies.
Any disclosure of this information will be subject to local Data Protection laws.
In addition, the Hitachi Vantara Community is about sharing information with others participating in the Hitachi Vantara Community, so any personal information that you provide to us and upload to the Hitachi Vantara Community pages may be disclosed to:
- Third parties, such as Hitachi Vantara's service providers or business partners (when we believe that the disclosure is permitted by you, or when the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the purposes of the Hitachi Vantara Community, or when disclosure is legally required); and
- Other registered members of the Hitachi Vantara Community.
Please note that we have provided you with privacy settings that you can use to restrict other users of the Hitachi Vantara Community and third parties from accessing parts of your personal information.
5. Monitoring emails
Our network security system within the Hitachi Vantara Community may automatically intercept or block any email you provide to us if the email contains any words or attachments that trigger the content filter to respond. The system is designed to detect and block potentially wrongful code or illicit or offensive content. It may exceptionally and by mistake block perfectly proper correspondence. You will be notified of such a block by return email. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
1. Copyright Notice
Copyright 1995-2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All rights reserved.
All pages and content within the Site are the property of Hitachi and/or the other providers.
2. Trademark Notice
The trademarks are registered and unregistered trademarks of Hitachi, its affiliates or other providers. "Hitachi” and other trademarks set out in this Agreement are trademarks and/or service marks of Hitachi and/or its parent company Hitachi Limited. Please click on the Trademarks Tab at https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/company/legal.trademark.html for more information. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use the trademarks displayed on this Site, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise. Misuse of any trademark or any content displayed on this Site is strictly prohibited.
3. License Grant and Ownership by Hitachi
a. License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and until the Agreement ceases to apply to you, Hitachi grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable license to access, view or print the content in this Site, without alteration, solely and strictly for the Authorized Purpose. You may download the content, solely as required by You to access, use, view or print it, but You must include the copyright notice set out in Section 1 on any printed version of the content. Except as stated otherwise on the Site, Your use of the Site will be royalty-free and without charge (for the avoidance of doubt, You may be charged or required to enter into further contracts with respect to particular content on the site). This limited license does not apply to any media or platform other than that of the current Site. You must not transfer, or attempt to transfer, the limited license granted to You in this Section 3.
b. Ownership. Hitachi and/or the other providers exclusively retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in the Site and all content on the Site and those rights are protected under applicable copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade dress, and/or other proprietary rights laws. Other than the rights expressly provided in this Agreement, You obtain no rights whatsoever in the Site or its content (including any ownership rights), by or through Your Site use. You must not do anything that infringes, threatens to infringe or otherwise jeopardizes the rights of Hitachi and/or the other providers in the Site and the content.
c. Downloadable Software. The Site may contain downloadable software. Unless a separate license exists for such software (either from Hitachi or another provider) You agree to use the software on the terms of this Agreement, including the restrictions on use set out in Section 4. If a separate license applies to such software, You will be bound by the terms and conditions of such license.
4. Restrictions on Use
a. Prohibited Acts. Concerning Your Site use or any content, You must not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from the use or enjoyment of the Site.
- Use any device, software or technique to interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the proper working of the Site or to intercept any system, data or personal information from the Site.
- Disguise the origin of the information transmitted through the Site.
- Post or transmit into or on the Site any unlawful, discriminatory, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, threatening, harassing, abusive, libelous, defamatory, sexually explicit, obscene, promote violence, promote illegal activity, or otherwise objectionable or harmful information of any kind.
- Post or transmit into or on the Site any information or software that contains a virus.
- Other than as expressly permitted in Section 3, publish, republish, reproduce, perform, distribute, assign, sub-license, sell, offer for sale, prepare derivative works, modify, adapt, lease, rent, copy, reverse compile, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, transmit, display, decompile, translate into any language (including computer language), or use the content.
- Post or transmit into or on the Site any information in violation of another party’s copyright, other intellectual property rights or privacy rights, including information that infringes on another's rights.
- Take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Hitachi infrastructure, as expressly determined solely by Hitachi.
- Use or access any software, content or information available through the Site in a manner not expressly permitted by Hitachi.
- Redeliver any of the content using “framing,” hyperlinks, or other technology without prior express written permission by Hitachi.
- Use any device or technology to provide repeated automated attempts to access password-protected portions of the Site.
- Impersonate or misrepresent Your identity or business affiliation.
- Without limiting Section 4d, use the content in any way that it prevents You from obeying traffic or safety laws.
b. Commercial Exploitation. Other than as expressly permitted in Section 3, You must not commercially exploit any content in any form, or incorporate any content into any information retrieval system, whether electronic or mechanical.
c. Right to Regulate. You acknowledge that Hitachi has the right at any time, but no obligation, to monitor the Site or Site-related services and to disclose any information necessary: (i) to operate the Site; to (ii) to protect Hitachi, Ltd., its subsidiaries, other providers and third parties and the customers, suppliers and partners of Hitachi or its parent company, Hitachi, Ltd.; and (iii) to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests. Hitachi reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information on the Site, in whole or in part, for any reason. Hitachi also reserves the right to prohibit any user, who in Hitachi’s sole discretion, violates the Agreement, from use of this the Site and related services and content (such prohibition may occur without notice to the user).
d. Law Compliance. You agree to comply with all governmental laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations (including unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising) regarding Your Site use.
e. Minors. Minors are not eligible to use this Site. Hitachi asks that no information in relation to minors be submitted to Hitachi.
5. Your Site Use Activities
a. Password-Protected Areas. If You are authorized to have access to password-protected areas of the Site, You must keep Your password confidential, and if Your password is compromised, You must send notice of this to Hitachi within 24 hours of first becoming aware of it. Hitachi does not agree to protect or indemnify You from any unauthorized use of Your password. Hitachi is entitled, at any time and without having the obligation to justify its decision, to deny You the right to access password-protected areas by blocking Your user name and password, particularly if You (i) use false data or information for the purposes of registration; (ii) You violate this Agreement or You neglect Your duty of care with regard to Your user name and password.
b. Unauthorized E-mail. With respect to Your Site use, You must not engage in the sending of any mass e-mail messages (also known as “spamming”) to Hitachi or its employees, contractors or third parties.
c. Linked Sites. The Site may contain links to Linked Sites and when You click on a link to visit a Linked Site, a frame may appear that contains a trademark of Hitachi or its parent company, Hitachi Limited, advertisement or other information. You acknowledge that: (i) Hitachi neither endorses, nor is affiliated with any Linked-Site and the owner of the Linked Site neither endorses, nor is affiliated with Hitachi; (ii) Hitachi cannot and does not control any content or activities on the Linked Site; (iii) Hitachi is not responsible for the availability of the Linked Sites nor any information (including any materials, software, content, or data) that appears on the Linked Site or for any products or services contained in, or referenced by, the Linked Site; and (iv) no information in any Linked Site has been investigated, confirmed, approved, or verified by Hitachi. If You have a dispute or claim relating to a Linked Site, you hereby release Hitachi and its employees, agents and contractors from any and all liability with respect to such disputes and claims, including any demands and damages of every kind and nature (whether direct or indirect, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected and disclosed or undisclosed) arising out of, or in any way connected with such disputes and claims. If You are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542.
d. Dated Materials. You acknowledge that Hitachi has no obligation to update the Site. Therefore, when You use the Site, there is a possibility that some content may be out of date, including information about the products and services of Hitachi or third parties or pricing thereof.
e. External Issues. You acknowledge that (i) the Internet is a network of computers worldwide, and that any information that You submit to Hitachi necessarily is routed via third party computers to Hitachi; (ii) Hitachi is not responsible for any lapses in online security and does not assume liability for improper use of Your information by a third party.
f. Site Inaccuracies and Errors. It is possible that the Site could include inaccuracies and errors (including both substantive and typographical errors). It is also possible that unauthorized additions, deletions and alternations to the Site could be made by third parties. Subject to the express terms of this Agreement, You: (i) bear the entire risk of loss of Your Site use and Site-related services, including with respect to security, privacy and technical malfunctions; and (ii) assume the cost of all necessary servicing, repair, correction or replacement of Your property or operations as a result of Your Site use. Although Hitachi desires and strives to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the Site and the content, Hitachi makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the accuracy and integrity of the Site or its content. Hitachi is also not responsible for any content that You may find undesirable or objectionable. If You discover an inaccuracy or error, You will promptly inform Hitachi, so that it may be corrected, provided however that Hitachi does not guarantee that any reported inaccuracy or error will be corrected or resolved by Hitachi even if Hitachi attempts to correct or resolve the same. Furthermore, You hereby release Hitachi, and Hitachi hereby disclaims all and any responsibility or liability for any damage or loss caused by viruses contained in the Site or related electronic files.
g. No Obligation to Purchase. This Site and the content are not to be construed as any form or recommendation, promotion, endorsement or an offer to sell any product or service by Hitachi. You are not obligated under this Agreement to purchase or otherwise acquire any product or service from Hitachi, and You should apply Your own judgment in Your Site use, including the use of any content as the basis for any conclusions or for the purchase of any product or service or any other transactions. Nothing in this Agreement prohibits or restricts Hitachi from commercially offering any product or service, and Hitachi may modify or discontinue such product or service at any time.
6. Submissions of Information by You
a. Grant of License to Hitachi. When applicable, before submitting any information to this Site, You must always check Your license Agreements (including software licenses) to make sure that You do not infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
By submitting any information to Hitachi, You hereby grant to Hitachi a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to (in any media now known or not currently known or invented) link to, utilize, use, copy, reproduce, distribute, adapt, perform, display, sublicense (through multiple tiers), exploit, and prepare derivative works of the submitted information. By submitting information to Hitachi, You represent and warrant that You have the authority to grant such rights to Hitachi.
c. Use of Software. If the submitted information includes or consists of a Java™ applet or other software resource, the license granted to Hitachi will apply to both object code and source code formats of the applet or resource and Hitachi will have the right to analyze, report on, summarize and display the source code on its websites. However, Hitachi will not display the complete source code of Your resource, unless You grant to Hitachi the express written permission to do so in the resource submission or resource update forms. If You submit a resource to Hitachi or grant to Hitachi the permission to display Your source code and decide that You no longer want to grant to Hitachi the permission to display Your source code, Hitachi will remove the resource and/or source code from the Site if You send a notice to Hitachi, requesting the relevant resource and/or source code to be removed from the Site. Upon receipt of such notification by certified mail, Hitachi will use reasonable efforts to remove the relevant resource and/or source code from the site within fifteen (15) days of receipt of the notice.
d. Your Warranty. You represent and warrant that, where You access the Site on behalf of a company with actual or prospective business dealings with Hitachi (the “Company”): (i) You are an authorized representative of the Company; (ii) You will use the Site and its Content solely as directed by the Company and in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement; (iii) Your Site use will at all times be for the Authorized Purpose; (iv) You have been authorized by the Company to enter this Agreement, use the Site and use any password that Hitachi has issued to You and You will not share such password with anyone; (v) upon the termination of Your relationship with the Company (whether employment or otherwise), You will send notice to Hitachi of this and immediately cease all Site use.
d. Ownership of Information. You retain ownership of any copyrights or other intellectual property rights applicable to any information You submit to Hitachi.
7. Applicability, Cooperation and Indemnity
a. Geographic Scope. Although the Site is accessible worldwide, not all products, services or offerings referred to in the Site may be available to all persons in all geographic locations. Hitachi reserves the right to limit the provision of any product, service or offering to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction as it so desires, subject to applicable law.
b. Content Changes. Hitachi may add to, delete or change the content at any time in its sole discretion (including the products, services and offerings referred to on the Site and any price changes), without notice to You.
c. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Hitachi, its parent company Hitachi, Ltd., and other providers against any and all liabilities, claims, damages, costs or other expenses (including attorneys' fees, costs, expenses, and expert witness fees) that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (i) Your breach of this Agreement, or (ii) Your Site use.
d. Hitachi Goodwill. You acknowledge that the content has acquired a valuable secondary meaning and goodwill within the public. Accordingly, You must not use the content in any manner whatsoever that, directly or indirectly, would derogate from or otherwise reduce the good repute of Hitachi and/or the content. If You or any of Your employees, officers, agents, contractors or shareholders (if any) are convicted of an offense, which materially and adversely affects the goodwill of Hitachi and/or the content, Hitachi may terminate this Agreement.
e. Protection of Content. You agree to participate, to the fullest extent possible, as Hitachi in its sole discretion may consider necessary, in any activities to protect any of the content. You must cooperate with Hitachi to maintain and defend the ownership and validity of the content against infringement or claims of infringement.
Your Site use may give You access to confidential information of Hitachi. You acknowledge that there is no obligation on Hitachi to provide You with access to any confidential information, whether through the Site or otherwise. However, if Hitachi choses to disclose confidential information to You, You agree as follows:
a. Non-Disclosure. You agree to maintain the confidential information of Hitachi in strict confidence, utilizing the same degree of care used by Your or Your company to protect the respective confidential information of You or Your Company, and in any event, no less than a reasonable degree of care and to not disclose the confidential information to any third party or to any employees, supervisors or agents of Your Company without a strict “need to know”. You will use the confidential information of Hitachi only as agreed by Hitachi in writing signed by a Hitachi executive.
b. Post-Termination. Upon written request by Hitachi, or upon the termination of this Agreement, You must immediately return, destroy or purge (as directed by Hitachi) all confidential information and copies thereof, and all copies of all materials, in whatever format, containing, reflecting or concerning the confidential information. You hereby expressly assign to Hitachi any and all rights that You may have, or have acquired in such confidential information and agree to execute all documents necessary (now or in the future) to give effect to the assignment.
c. Grant of Rights. Other than as stated in Section 3, You are granted to no license whatsoever in the confidential information, or in any patent, copyright or other proprietary or intellectual property right of Hitachi. Your obligations under Section 8a will end five (5) years after the termination of this Agreement or, if any confidential information of Hitachi enters the public domain at an earlier point in time (through no fault of Your own) then Your obligations under Section 8a will end for that item of confidential information at the time it entered into the public domain.
d. Non-Disclosure Agreement. Hitachi reserves the right, at any time, to require You to enter into a further non-disclosure Agreement with respect to any confidential information of Hitachi, as a condition of its disclosure to You, or otherwise as a condition of Your continued use of the confidential information.
9. Restricted Rights, Export Controls and Anti-Corruption
a. Government Use. The software and documentation available on the Site are “commercial items,” as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (October 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and related documentation, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (September 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4 (June 1995), all U.S. government end users acquire the software and documentation with only those rights set forth herein.
b. Export Compliance. You acknowledge and agree to comply with all U.S. laws, regulations and requirements that regulate the export of U.S. origin products and technology and prohibit their use, sale or re-export if You know, or have reason to know, that such products and technology are for use in connection with the design, development, production, stockpiling or use of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons or missiles. Furthermore, You will comply with any law from other jurisdictions that regulate import/export of information/data/know-how which may be applicable to You.
c. Anti-Corruption. You will comply with all applicable laws, statutes, regulations and codes relating to anti-corruption, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the U.K. Bribery Act 2010. You will not engage in any activity, practice or conduct which would constitute a breach of any of these anti-corruption laws, or cause Hitachi to be in breach of such laws. The Hitachi Vantara Code of Ethics and Business Conduct (https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/pdf/brochure/code-of-ethics-and-business-conduct.pdf) sets out in detail how Hitachi employees should behave and what they should do if confronted with corruption. In the event You encounter or suspect a breach of the Hitachi Vantara Code of Ethics and Business Conduct by a Hitachi employee, you will promptly report the same to Hitachi.
10. Limited Warranty and Disclaimer
a. Disclaimer of Warranty. Hitachi and other Content Providers make no representation about the suitability of the content hereon. This Site, and access to any linked site, is provided to you by all Content Providers “as is” and “as available,” with no representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, availability, correctness, security, privacy, reliability and non-infringement. You hereby waive all warranties by Hitachi related to Your Site use. You acknowledge that Your access to the Site will not be free of interruptions or secure, that the information herein may contain bugs, errors, problems or other limitations, and that the Site may be unavailable from time to time.
b. Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances will Hitachi or any of the Content Providers be liable or responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential losses or damages (including damages from loss of business, lost profits, lost or damaged data, losses arising from litigation, loss of use or lack of availability of facilities including computer resources, routers and stored data, loss resulting from any other website, application or platform accessed to or from this Site, or the like), special, exemplary, punitive or other damages, under any legal theory, arising out of or in any way relating to the Site, Your Site use, or the content, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site and/or content is to cease all of Your Site use. You may have additional rights under certain laws (including consumer laws) which do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to You, the exclusions or limitations in this Agreement that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to You.
a. Transaction Location, Governing Law, Jurisdiction, and Venue. This Agreement will be treated as though it were executed and performed in Santa Clara, California, and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and of the State of California (exclusive of conflicts of law rules). The language in this Agreement will be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. Each party to this Agreement hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the County of Santa Clara in the State of California, consents to the extra-territorial service of process, and waives any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement will be brought solely in Santa Clara County, California. Hitachi makes no representation that the content is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States of America, and Your accessing the Content from locations where such Content is illegal is strictly prohibited. If You chose to access this Site from locations outside of the United States, You do so at Your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
b. Disputes and Attorneys' Fees. In any action to enforce this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to its costs, attorneys' fees, and expenses (including expert witness fees).
c. Remedies. If You violate any of the terms of this Agreement, You must immediately notify Hitachi and take all steps reasonably available to You in order to cure the violation and to prevent any subsequent violation. You acknowledge that Your breach of the Agreement may cause irreparable damage to Hitachi or other providers and that a remedy at law will be inadequate. Therefore, in addition to any and all other legal or equitable remedies, Hitachi and other providers will be entitled to injunctive relief for any breach of this Agreement.
d. Severability. If any of the provisions of this Agreement will be held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provisions will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
e. Complete Integration. This Agreement constitutes the entire and only Agreement between Hitachi and You, pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and is intended to be a complete and absolute integration of the Agreement between the Parties. Concerning the subject matter hereof, any and all prior written Agreements, representations, understandings, and warranties (collectively, "Understandings") and all contemporaneous or prior oral Understandings between the Parties are expressly superseded, cancelled, and replaced by this Agreement. Each Site use by You will constitute and be deemed Your unconditional acceptance of this Agreement, irrespective of whether You review this Agreement prior to such Site use or not. This Agreement and all information relating to Your Site Use are properly authenticated documents and may be given full evidentiary weight, if submitted in evidence by Hitachi or You.
f. Modifications. This Agreement may only be modified by Hitachi, by posting a Revised Agreement on the Site. The Revised Agreement will be effective immediately for all of Your subsequent Site use. You agree to review the Agreement periodically to be aware of the terms and conditions applicable to future Site use. If You continue to use the Site after any modifications have been included by Hitachi to this Agreement it will mean You accept those modifications.
g. Limitations Period. You agree that any claim that You may bring that arises out of Your use of the Site or related to this Agreement must be instituted within one (1) year after the Site use relating to such cause of action, or be forever waived and barred.
h. Termination. Hitachi may terminate Your access to the Site or content or any Site use rights, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any reason (with or without cause), with or without notice, even if the access and use continues to be allowed to others. Without limiting the previous sentence, Hitachi may suspend or stop Your access to the Site if you do not comply with this Agreement and when investigating potential misconduct. If the Agreement is terminated, You agree to cease all Site use and, upon request by Hitachi, to return or destroy all information in Your possession relating to the Site, and all copies thereof, rendering such information no longer accessible to You.
i. Survival of Certain Provisions. All sections of this Agreement that are reasonably capable of surviving will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement. No expiration or termination of this Agreement will release you from any obligation to pay Hitachi any amount that has accrued and become payable at or prior to the date of expiration or termination.
j. Assignment, Transfer. You will not assign or transfer any interest in this Agreement, whether by merger, consolidation, operation of law, or otherwise without the prior written consent of an authorized executive officer of Hitachi. Hitachi has the right to transfer, subcontract or otherwise deal with Hitachi’s rights and obligations under this Agreement without notifying You or obtaining Your consent.
k. Waiver. No delay or omission to exercise any right or remedy accruing to Hitachi upon any breach or default by you will impair that right or remedy, or be construed to be a waiver of any breach or default, unless contained in an express writing executed by an authorized officer of Hitachi.
l. Headings. All article or section headings, or exhibit names, are for reference and convenience only and will not be considered in the interpretation of the Agreement.
m. No Agency. You and Hitachi are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
n. Conflicts. If this Agreement conflicts with a provision of any other contract between You and Hitachi relating to the Site, the provision in such other contract will govern.
o. Suspension of Obligations. The obligations of either You or Hitachi under this Agreement (other than payment obligations) will be suspended, to the extent that the party is hindered or prevented from performing its obligations by acts of God, fires, storms, accidents, governmental regulations or any cause whatsoever, which is not within that party’s reasonable control.
p. Contacting Hitachi. Should you desire to contact Hitachi about the Site, you may do so at: Hitachi Vantara Corporation, 2535 Augustine Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054. Phone: (408) 970-1000. E-mail: email@example.com.
q. Third-Party Beneficiaries. Subject to applicable laws, this Agreement does not create any third-party beneficiary rights.
12. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Hitachi Vantara Corporation abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. This policy describes how you as a copyright holder can notify Hitachi Vantara Corporation of any alleged copyright infringement.
As part of Hitachi Vantara Corporation’s response, we may remove or disable access to alleged infringing material residing on a site that is controlled or operated by Hitachi Vantara Corporation and, where possible, issue a notice to the contributor of such material that their activities have been flagged as a potential copyright infringement. Hitachi Vantara Corporation does not control content hosted on third party websites, and as such, cannot remove content from sites that Hitachi Vantara Corporation does not own or control. If you are the copyright owner of content hosted on a third-party site, and you have not authorized the use of your content on that site, please contact the administrator of that site directly.
If you are the copyright owner of content hosted on a site controlled or operated by Hitachi Vantara Corporation, and you have not authorized the use of your content on the Hitachi Vantara Corporation controlled or operated site, you may notify our copyright agent, as set forth in the DMCA. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information when providing notice of the alleged copyright infringement:
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable Hitachi Vantara Corporation to identify the work claimed to be infringed, or if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (ex: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL).
- Reasonably sufficient detail to enable Hitachi Vantara Corporation to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (ex: link to the page where the material is located).
- A statement that you in good faith believe that the use of the material identified is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Hitachi Vantara Corporation to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic email address.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury, you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
The above information must be submitted to the Designated DMCA Agent listed below:
Hitachi Vantara Corporation
2535 Augustine Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Attn: General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer
Or submitted as an emailed notification to:
Attn: General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer
We caution you that under federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to heavy civil penalties. These include monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees incurred by Hitachi Vantara Corporation, by any copyright owner, or by any copyright owner’s licensee that is as a result of Hitachi Vantara Corporation relying upon your misrepresentation. You may also be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
Hitachi Vantara Corporation may document notices of alleged infringement upon which we act. Also, please note that your complaint will be a matter of record. A copy of the legal notice may be sent to one or more third parties who may then make it available to the public.
13. Interactive Services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including, without limitation: (i) Chat rooms and (ii) Bulletin boards (collectively the “interactive services”).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered. We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users of the Site (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Users of the interactive services can create groups in the Hitachi Vantara Community, however, Hitachi Vantara may close or transfer groups or similar pages or remove content from them if the content violates the terms of this Agreement or others’ intellectual property rights.
Please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other users of the Hitachi Vantara Community, and Hitachi Vantara cannot guarantee that other users will not use the ideas and information that you make available. Therefore, we suggest that you do not post any ideas or information which you would like to remain confidential or that would infringe a third party’s rights if shared with the Hitachi Vantara Community.
14. Content Standards
a. These Content Standards apply to Contributions and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
b. Contributions must:
- Comply with the Restrictions on Use in paragraph 4.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in California and in any country from which they are poste.
c. Suspension and Termination. We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of the Content Standards through your use of the Site. When a breach of the Content Standards has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
d. Failure to comply with the Content Standards constitutes a material breach of this Agreement and may result in Hitachi Vantara taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to on the Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
e. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of the Content Standards. The responses described in this section are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
The following terms, when used in this Agreement, will have the following meanings.
- Authorized Purpose – Your personal and private use, or Your use to further the legitimate business purposes of Your company, directly and reasonably relating to the business relationship of Your or Your company with Hitachi.
- Content – The term Content means all information, data, or other material, in any form or media, contained in, obtained from, or relating to the Site, including all results obtained from the Site.
- Content Providers – The term Content Providers means both Hitachi and other providers.
- Hitachi Vantara Community - The term “Hitachi Vantara Community” means any internet site or page at URL community.hitachivantara.com together with any future domain or URL under which Hitachi Vantara provides similar services and Information on the internet), the collection of HTML and other documents accessible at community.hitachivantara.com, any Information or sub-pages and all Content thereon.
- Including, Includes, Include – The phrases including, includes, and include, wherever used in the Agreement, means including, but not limited to.
- Information – The phrase “information” includes all data, information, documents, files, personally-identifying information, and software disclosed by one party to the other in connection with the Site or Your Site use.
- Linked Site – A "Linked Site" means any Internet site (including all information, data, and content thereon) that is linked to the Site, but not owned by Hitachi or its related companies.
- Notice – The phrase Notice refers to the sending of Information by you to Hitachi via certified mail, return receipt requested, to Hitachi at: Hitachi Vantara Corporation, Attn: General Counsel MS 34-46, 2845 Lafayette Street, Santa Clara, CA 95050. Any such notice will be deemed given 48 hours after such Notice is sent.
- Other Providers – The terms “Other Providers” means Hitachi’s direct or indirect licensors, its affiliates, Hitachi Ltd., or other contributors to the Site (other than Hitachi).
- Parties – The term “Parties” refers to Hitachi and You, collectively.
- Revised Agreement – If the Agreement is modified in accordance with the section titled “Modifications,” for convenience in distinguishing the original Agreement from the modified Agreement, the modified Agreement may be referred to as the “Revised Agreement.”
- Site – The term “Site” means any Hitachi internet site, page (and all sub-pages), uniform resource locator (“URL”), domain location, and all Information and Content thereon.
- Site Use – The term “Site Use” means Your use of or access to the Site (or any content thereon), as well as any other activities in which You engage relating to the Site, including any use of Site-related services.
- Software – Any software, including files, proprietary information, images incorporated in or generated by the software and all data accompanying the software.
- Virus – A virus, bug, worm, trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive element.